Mylife

Mylife
in your face

Friday, October 28, 2011

For My soulmate... Dusty- even though he's no longer on here.:)

When I was in Scotland, Edinburgh to be more precise. I was walking down the street with a friend of mine. I was 21 and she was 14 at the time. We were just seeing the sights and soaking in all that Edinburgh had to offer. I myself have a huge affinity for Scottish accents. It's a sickness really, and my ears were always alert just waiting to absorb that sugar straight to my ear drums making my heart flutter.
As we were walking a man came out of a building. He looked at his parked car that had clearly been hit by someone or something and said "Oh for fuck saaake!" I started to giggle uncontrollably because it is a stereotype that Scottish people have foul mouths and I thought this experience PERFECT, being a tourist. My friend, being English and therefor not on good terms with the Scottish(you'd think this hundereds of years old feud would be over, but people just don't get over being conqured) hit my arm and said "Shut-up... your going to get us killed."
Then from a few feet away(we were still walking) I heard this man say "Those fucking BASTARDS!" and I lost it.... I laughed a hardy laugh that probably would have included a snort if I had one. The man then looked at us. My friend was now beating my arm furiously with fear in her eyes.
The man, with an angry scowl, then said "What the fuck are YOU laugh'n at PIGGAY!"
Reason or the sheer will to survive should have kicked in at that time... but it only made it that much more funny! I burst into hysterical laughter.. tears streaming down my face, doubled over holding my stomach. My friend was now walking faster and trying to pull me along, pissed at me because I was going to get us shanked.
He then jumped in his car and backed up to us walking on the sidewalk. I did pull it together at this point and stopped laughing but I'm sure I still had a look of delight slapped all over my "chevy chase". He rolled down his window, Natalie(my friend) winced, probably thinking he was going to pull out a gun on us and he calmly said..."I'm really sorry aboot that. I was just really passed off! Some bastards hit my car."
I just nodded politely and said "No worries!" and he drove off.
This was one of the most memorable parts of my trip. Don't get me wrong- I had plenty of awesome memories and great experiences- but that was STELLAR!
Amber out.

1 comment:

  1. Oh,that was perfection!! ROFL! FOR FUCK SAAAKE! lololololol!

    Mim

    ReplyDelete